There are things you can do today to improve your life. Self-improvement doesn’t have to be difficult or drawn out. You can choose one thing off the list below, take action, and it will improve your life. Why wait? Why not start making a positive difference? It really is as simple as that. Every small step we take in the right direction produces an incremental improvement in our life. Continually and consistently making good choices in our actions will enable us to live the best life possible.
Here are a number of ideas to help you get started living life to the fullest! Below each idea I have provided a list of resources to help you get going.
1. Take a marriage class.
Our marriages have a huge influence in our lives. You are likely to experience a lot more fulfillment if you improve your relationship with your spouse. We all have room for improvement in learning to get along with one another. Your relationship doesn’t have to be in trouble for you to take a marriage class together. Spending time together in a structured way that encourages you to focus on your relationship will help you to grow closer. It will strengthen any marriage.
- Keeping the Fire Alive in Your Marriage
- Eight Keys to a Happier Marriage
- 7 Things to Discuss Before the Marriage License
2. Read a self-improvement book.
Reading a book is a concrete action step that will give you further ideas on ways to improve. Books inspire by broadening our views and understanding of ourselves, others, and the world at large. When was the last time that you read something that challenged your thinking and motivated you to seek a better life? A couple of my favorites are As A Man Thinketh by James Allen and The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich by Tim Ferriss. Two very different books, but both challenge me in unique ways.
- Top 10 Recommended Books to Improve Your Life
- Self-improvement Books You HAVE to Read
- 30 Books Everyone Should Read Before Their 30th Birthday
3. Start a budget to win with money.
Creating a written budget is the best way to get control of your finances and to start winning with money. Would you run a business without a budget? Budgets give you a tool to direct your money in how you want it to work for you. It doesn’t have to be difficult or time-consuming, but it does need to be complete and thought out. By deciding in advance how you want to spend your money each month, you will turn your finances around and start winning with money.
- Things I Learned Living on a Budget – Part 2
- How to Implement an Envelope Budgeting System
- 12 Steps to Setting a Financial Goal
4. Mend a relationship.
Broken relationships create stress and drain us of our energy. Don’t let it go another minute without taking a positive step toward reconciliation. It is much easier to apologize and forgive than it is to continue carrying around the burden of resentment and anger. Your negative feelings aren’t hurting the other person, but they are hurting you. Make a plan now to get this resolved and you will feel better instantly. It will free you up to concentrate on positive things in your life.
- 11 Ways To Make Your Apologies More Meaningful and Effective
- Building Healthy Relationships
- 7 Reasons My Life is More Fulfilling
5. Begin an exercise program.
Exercise helps to improve blood flow which delivers more oxygen to the brain. When our brain is more nourished it thinks more clearly and grows. Exercise also relieves stress and adds to our endurance. This gives us the ability to work and play harder. The proven health benefits of exercise are powerful and indisputable. You don’t have to become a body builder to recognize the benefits of exercise. You just need a program that is consistent and effective.
- 13 Scientifically Proven Health Benefits Of Exercise
- How to Make Exercise a Daily Habit
- How to make exercise more fun than sex
6. Stimulate your mind.
Mental atrophy seems like an epidemic. We have so much more creativity and intelligence than we realize. You can literally do anything that you set your mind on and make a firm decision to achieve! Take a step today to get your mind going and you’ll reap the benefits in short order.
- 40 Positive Effects of a TV Free Week
- Twelve Reasons to Turn off the Television
- 20 Ways To Train Your Brain For Peak Performance
- 120 Ways to Boost Your Brain Power
7. Start a business.
There are many benefits to owning a business. As an entrepreneur, you control your own destiny. If you are willing to work hard and smart, then you can make a lot of money. You reap the fruits of your labor directly. You also control your schedule. These are generally the reasons that many people start their own business. Of course, it is also fun and challenging! I can’t think of a better way to start improving your life.
- 50+ Resources to Legitimately Raise Your Income
- My New Retirement Lifestlye Cash Flow
- Basic Business Advice from an Accidental Entrepreneur
8. Give back out of your abundance.
It is funny how we usually think that to improve our lives we have to attain something we don’t have, but we can often find greater fulfillment and happiness from giving rather than from receiving. It is important to find a way to give back to help others that are in need or aspiring to improve their lives. In doing so, you might just find what’s missing in your life.
- Become a Virtual Volunteer and Make a Real Difference
- Microloans Make A Difference For Those Living In Poverty
- How to Find and Evaluate a Charity
9. Spend a day with the kids.
This truly will improve your life and if you do it often, it will also improve theirs. Children help us to realign our priorities. They also will give us a new lens to view the world through. Kids are full of energy, enthusiasm, and a desire to have fun. Some of this is bound to wear off on you if you spend a little time around them!
- 70 Great Things About Having Children
- All I Really Need to Know I Learned from a Picture Book
- Instruction-Free Art Time – Watch Your Child Create
10. Go on a vacation!
I saved the best for last! Going on a vacation is a fantastic way to clear your mind, broaden your horizons, and relax. It will have an immediate positive effect on your life. Of course, you want to plan your vacation properly so it is relaxing instead of being just another issue you have to deal with. For me, going on an adventure is always rejuvenating!
- 11 Adventures Anyone Can Use To Spice Up Their Life
- Maximize Your Staycation With Preschoolers
- My Best Excuses for Remaining in a Rut
Photo by bingbing