Do you reward yourself for your accomplishments?
It is important that we take the time to celebrate even our small victories.
By marking these successes, we make them stick out in our minds. It forces us to acknowledge our progress and increases the likelihood we’ll repeat the positive behavior in the future.
So, go ahead and treat yourself for all your victories, even the small ones!
Suggested ways to celebrate small victories
Did you have a good day at work today? Did you finish a noteworthy project or deliver a good presentation? Did you close a sale?
For my stay-at-home moms, did you survive another day with a toddler? Did the kids get to and from school on time? Did you finish a household chore?
Whatever your goals, be sure to recognize your victories. Here are some ideas for ways to celebrate:
1. Buy yourself a banana split from your favorite ice cream store.
2. Give yourself permission to take a day off and relax.
3. Get a latte at Starbucks. Mocha is my choice!
4. Take an hour and listen to some of your favorite music.
5. Go to lunch with your best friend.
6. Buy yourself a new shirt.
7. Throw an impromptu dinner party.
8. Perform a random act of kindness.
9. Grill yourself a steak out on the barbeque.
10. Go for a walk in the woods.
11. Bake a pan of brownies and share them with friends.
12. Go on a date to that new restaurant you’ve been wanting to try.
13. Have a tall frozen margarita.
14. Eat a chocolate bar, preferably with almonds.
15. Call your parents and brag a little.
16. Race a go-kart for the thrill of it.
17. Spend a couple of hours alone in a beautiful place.
18. Meet someone new at a social gathering.
19. Take a weekend road trip.
20. Drink a large cherry limeade.
21. Get yourself an iPod.
22. Take a long nap.
23. Go see an inspiring movie.
24. Share a bottle of champagne with your spouse.
25. Give everyone in your family a big hug and kiss!
Small victories are worth celebrating too!
Obviously, this is not an exhaustive list of ways to celebrate, but it should give you plenty of ideas for how to treat yourself. Making your victories special will make them memorable so, go ahead and pat yourself on the back once in awhile. You deserve it!
Photo by -Dario-