Men, have you had any fun lately?
In our pursuit of living life to the fullest, fun is an essential element. One that we often ignore.
Having fun is not admired in our society like work is for example. If you are having fun, then you are goofing off. I think men are especially susceptible to this way of thinking.
However, without some fun and enjoyment, we quickly burn out. Fun dissipates our stress and clears our minds. We need a good amount of fun to help us feel happy. If you are feeling run down and blue, then I suggest trying one of these fun activities to boost your morale.
The Big List of 50 Ideas for Manly Fun
Sometimes even when we know we need some fun, we can’t think of anything to do. Therefore, I’ve put together this list to help inspire you to create your own enjoyable experience.
Here are 50 ideas for manly fun:
1. Go to a NCAA football game. The season starts soon!
2. Rent a motorcycle for a road trip.
3. Go see back-to-back action movies.
4. Take a solo hike in the woods.
6. Rent a boat for a weekend.
7. Spend a quiet afternoon in Starbucks reading a great book.
8. Take a kayaking class.
9. Go on a whitewater rafting trip.
10. Take a day off in the middle of the week.
11. Go to a NASCAR race.
12. Get a group of friends to go bowling.
13. Organize a poker game.
14. Visit your favorite local pub after work, but don’t overdo it.
15. Attend a Major League Baseball game.
16. Sit in a lawn chair in a city park and just relax.
17. Throw a big party at your house.
18. Buy the latest and greatest video game.
19. Go to a big concert.
20. Travel to the Caribbean for a tropical vacation.
21. Surprise your wife or girlfriend with a night out on the town.
22. Cook a big steak on the grill.
23. Skip the cooking and instead go out to your favorite steak house.
24. Borrow your bachelor friend’s fast car for a day or two.
25. Learn to fly fish for trout.
26. Take a hunting trip.
27. Go to the local gun range and shoot a really cool firearm.
28. Spend a day at the swimming pool.
29. Take a run on the beach.
30. Go mountain biking on a new trail.
31. Take a guided, deep sea fishing trip.
33. Learn to hang ten on a surfboard.
34. Go backpacking in a national park.
35. Plan yourself an off-road, 4×4 adventure.
37. Climb a mountain or at least walk up one.
38. Go snowboarding (seasonal).
39. Get a tee time and shoot a round of golf.
40. Fish for largemouth bass in an area lake.
41. Take your dog to the dog park and play fetch.
42. Go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.
43. Take your kids to the amusement park and ride all the thrill rides.
44. Play a game of chess, dominoes or checkers with a friend.
45. Take a day to reacquaint yourself with your favorite musical instrument.
46. Buy and fly a remote control airplane.
47. Go to a comedy club.
48. Rent an RV and spend some time in the great outdoors.
49. Go rock climbing or rappelling.
50. Take a sailboat for a nice long cruise.
Get Out and Have Some Manly Fun
Men, go ahead and indulge yourself with a little fun this week. You’ll definitely thank yourself for it. You’ll feel happier, have less stress and experience that adrenaline rush you’ve been missing.
How do you like to have fun?
Photo by nsaplayer